- FAB granted commercial banking licence in Saudi Arabia
- Chip and pin cards remain UK consumers’ first choice for payments
- New Payment System Operator appoints key advisory councils
- A.W. Jones launches wealth advisory boutique
- Self-regulation could reinvigorate cryptocurrency, says Baldwin Global
- Mid-sized UK businesses investing in green initiatives benefit commercially, says Barclays
- OakNorth reports £10.6m profit as it pursues plans to lend a further £1bn to UK businesses expired
- New members join Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures expired
- Allianz X co-leads European mobile bank N26's Series C round expired
- UK Finance welcomes transitional arrangement for Brexit expired
- Women in banking sector face a ‘double glass ceiling’, says study expired
- Bolero International wins Asia supply chain finance strategy award expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."