- UK Finance respond to UK Government White Paper on Brexit
- UK FInance publishes Mortgage Trends Update
- Capgemini report reveals that the financial services industry could expect to add up to $512bn to global revenues by 2020 through ‘intelligent automation’
- Banking Trojans global impact has increased by 50% in last four months
- Emma Technologies FinTech raises £420,000 in seed funding
- Liberis uses Open Banking technology to increase funding access for UK small businesses
- Moneybox closes a £14m Series B funding expired
- Visa Loyalty Solutions(VLS) with FinTech novae launches omnichannel digital points redemption platform available to all issuing banks in Latin America and the Caribbean expired
- Bank of Cyprus completes sale of UK subsidiary to Cynergy Capital expired
- Capital Dynamics to acquire Milan-based Advanced Capital SGR expired
- EQT and other co-investors agree to acquire Saxo Payments Banking Circle from Saxo Bank expired
- Frontierpay opens Asia HQ in Singapore expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."