- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- PRA consults on proposed changes to Solvency II to reduce reporting burden for smaller UK insurers
- LMA publishes joint paper with Korn Ferry Institute on the evolving role of a Chief Risk Officer
- AIR Worldwide estimates insured losses from Winter Storm Eleanor at E1.1bn to E1.6bn
- Insurance Europe initiatives aimed at enabling insurance customers to better understand products
- Berkshire Hathaway appoints two new directors-a possible indication of succession plan
- LMA appoints Chair and Deputy Chair of Claims Committee(LMACC) expired
- Aptitude Software publishes its first bi-annual Global IFRS 17 Readiness Assessment Report(GIRA) as implementation pressure mounts expired
- Allianz to acquire three ERGO DAS subsidiaries expired
- Chubb announces two key Accident & Health management appointments expired
- Christian to chair ClimateWise expired
- Qatar Re receives regulatory approval to write business from London branch expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)