- Brexit-light at the end of the tunnel for UK financial services?
- Lloyd's announces aggregated market loss of £2bn for 2017-the first loss for six years
- London Market agrees a mandate to use electronic placement with a sliding scale by quarter
- ABI and leading UK insurers welcome a Bill to reform the law relating to whiplash claims and the way in which the personal injury Ogden Discount Rate is set
- Insurance Europe develops a template that could help companies meet the obligation under the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)
- The Institutes and the International Insurance Society(IIS) announce a strategic affiliation
- gradient A.I., a Milliman predictive analytics platform, now aids management of workers' compensation risk expired
- SSP Keychoice extends long-term relationship with RAC for a further five years expired
- Atradius reports a strong 2017 result expired
- IGI profit dips but 19% growth in GWP expired
- Ping An net profit up 43% in 2017 expired
- Liberty Mutual Specialty Markets appoints Hitchcock to new position of Paris-based Terrorism Underwriter with a European roving role expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)