- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- PRA consults on proposed changes to Solvency II to reduce reporting burden for smaller UK insurers
- LMA publishes joint paper with Korn Ferry Institute on the evolving role of a Chief Risk Officer
- AIR Worldwide estimates insured losses from Winter Storm Eleanor at E1.1bn to E1.6bn
- Insurance Europe initiatives aimed at enabling insurance customers to better understand products
- Berkshire Hathaway appoints two new directors-a possible indication of succession plan
- LMA appoints Chair and Deputy Chair of Claims Committee(LMACC) expired
- Aptitude Software publishes its first bi-annual Global IFRS 17 Readiness Assessment Report(GIRA) as implementation pressure mounts expired
- Allianz to acquire three ERGO DAS subsidiaries expired
- Chubb announces two key Accident & Health management appointments expired
- Christian to chair ClimateWise expired
- Qatar Re receives regulatory approval to write business from London branch expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)