- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- PRA consults on proposed changes to Solvency II to reduce reporting burden for smaller UK insurers
- LMA publishes joint paper with Korn Ferry Institute on the evolving role of a Chief Risk Officer
- AIR Worldwide estimates insured losses from Winter Storm Eleanor at E1.1bn to E1.6bn
- Insurance Europe initiatives aimed at enabling insurance customers to better understand products
- Berkshire Hathaway appoints two new directors-a possible indication of succession plan
- LMA appoints Chair and Deputy Chair of Claims Committee(LMACC) expired
- Aptitude Software publishes its first bi-annual Global IFRS 17 Readiness Assessment Report(GIRA) as implementation pressure mounts expired
- Allianz to acquire three ERGO DAS subsidiaries expired
- Chubb announces two key Accident & Health management appointments expired
- Christian to chair ClimateWise expired
- Qatar Re receives regulatory approval to write business from London branch expired
10th January 2018
Board and CEO changes at Hastings Insurance Group
Hastings Insurance group has announced changes to its Board.
Mike Fairey, who joined the business in June 2015, has notified the Board that he has decided to retire as chairman and will step down from the Board at the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM) in May.
Gary Hoffman, who joined the business as Group ceo in November 2012, will take over the role of non-Executive chairman when Fairey steps down.
Toby van der Meer, who joined the business in June 2011 and has been managing director of the company's UK trading subsidiary, Hastings Insurance Services Limited, will be appointed to the company's Board with effect from 1st March and will take over the role of ceo as of that date. In the period between van deer Meer's appointment and his appointment as chairman, Hoffman will remain on the Board as an executive director.
Hastings Trends(48 articles)