- SEC fines Citigroup for books and records violations and inadequate controls
- Wahed Invest launches Halal-friendly digital investment platform
- Specialist UK police unit prevents £25m of fraud in first half of 2018
- Research finds customers less likely to remember the amount paid by card than cash
- RBS' chief financial officer to join HSBC as finance director
- Diebold Nixdorf wins ATM patent dispute against Nautilus Hyosung
- Halifax reveals Greater London house prices per m2 stall for first time in eight years expired
- RBS welcomed tech pioneers to Edinburgh expired
- Fed Board prohibits former NBRS Financial boss from working in the banking industry expired
- Industrial Bank uses Avaloq to create Hong Kong private banking business expired
- FS workers amongst worst in UK for doing nothing to relieve work stress expired
- Continuous learning will keep FS ahead of evolving malware threats expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”