- InsurTech investment deals 16% up in first quarter at $724m compared with 4th quarter 2017 says latest Willis Towers Watson Briefing
- New survey reveals the extent to which significant uncertainty remains in the industry concerning the approach to key Solvency II requirements
- Lloyd's receives regulatory approval for Brussels office
- CII publishes latest "Underwriter of the Future" report six years after the first report was published to review projections made in 2012
- IUA forms new cyber group dedicated specifically to considering the concerns of reinsurers
- GFIA issues new report-“Older and wiser: Solutions to the global pension challenge”
- Malaysian insurer Gibraltar BSN selects Majesco Distribution Management and Digital Solutions expired
- ABI comments on Justice Select Committee report on the Small Claims Track (SCT) limit expired
- Swiss insurers 2017 results indicate continued strength says Standard & Poor's expired
- AEGIS London appoints Humm as its new class underwriter for marine hull expired
- Millstream Underwriting becomes approved Lloyd's Coverholder expired
- Beazley warns on the need for GDPR preparation expired
14th February 2018
Insurance Europe submits feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs)
Insurance Europe has submitted feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs), associated amendments to Solvency II, and proposed changes to the European Systemic Risk Board(ESRB).
Insurance Europe welcomed the Commission's recognition of the need for stability and sectoral expertise, as well as its decision to maintain the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority(EIOPA) as a stand-alone authority.
However, Insurance Europe also identified several areas that require improvement in relation to governance and oversight to ensure appropriate checks and balances in EIOPA's work.
Insurance Europe also recommended including "acting in the interest of the European public good" as an explicit part of the ESAs' mandate to ensure a proportional and balanced approach to their supervision.
Insurance Europe Trends(129 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,485 mentions in Insurance Newslink)