- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Swiss Re sigma reports provisional global economic and insured losses for first half
- Standard & Poor's looks at what impact continued growth of ILS will have on reinsurers' competitive positions
- Geneva Association publishes report headed " Ten Key Questions on Cyber Risk and Cyber Risk Insurance"
- FICO/Ovum survey indicates that UK firms having no cyber insurance dropped but only 38% say their cyber insurance covers all risks
- CII launches consultation to seek the views of insurance and personal finance professionals on its current Corporate Chartered proposition
- AAIS introduces openIDL(open Insurance Data Link) built on IBM Blockchain expired
- ACORD launches Adoption Toolkit to support the application of data standards for global reinsurance and large commercial risks expired
- Amazon considering entering UK insurance comparison market-GlobalData comments expired
- Zurich selects Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics to leverage cyber risk knowledge and insight-to roll-out globally expired
- Aegon underlying earnings up and on target expired
- IAG reports financial year results expired
14th February 2018
Insurance Europe submits feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs)
Insurance Europe has submitted feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs), associated amendments to Solvency II, and proposed changes to the European Systemic Risk Board(ESRB).
Insurance Europe welcomed the Commission's recognition of the need for stability and sectoral expertise, as well as its decision to maintain the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority(EIOPA) as a stand-alone authority.
However, Insurance Europe also identified several areas that require improvement in relation to governance and oversight to ensure appropriate checks and balances in EIOPA's work.
Insurance Europe also recommended including "acting in the interest of the European public good" as an explicit part of the ESAs' mandate to ensure a proportional and balanced approach to their supervision.
Insurance Europe Trends(129 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,485 mentions in Insurance Newslink)