- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Standard Life Aberdeen announces sale of insurance business to Phoenix Group and strategic partnership
- Standard Life Aberdeen publishes 2017 results and are optimistic for the future after insurance deal with Phoenix
- Marsh report says political risk will remain a major concern for multinational businesses in 2018
- Insurance Europe welcomes positive vote on a draft report on a European strategy for Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems(C-ITS)
- MGAA appoints new board director at AGM
- LMA's Gittings outlines priorities for 2018 at annual CEO meeting expired
- London Market Group(LMG) says claims transformation will become a focus for the Target Operating Model (TOM) in 2018 expired
- Cloudera and Octo Telematics collaborating to predict and model driver risk aggregating 186 billion miles of driving data from connected cars expired
- Allianz to launch further tender order for remaining Euler Hermes shares expired
- Ageas 2017 result best in its history says CEO De Smet expired
- Aviva sells entire shareholdings in two Spanish life and pensions joint ventures to Bankia expired
14th February 2018
Insurance Europe submits feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs)
Insurance Europe has submitted feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs), associated amendments to Solvency II, and proposed changes to the European Systemic Risk Board(ESRB).
Insurance Europe welcomed the Commission's recognition of the need for stability and sectoral expertise, as well as its decision to maintain the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority(EIOPA) as a stand-alone authority.
However, Insurance Europe also identified several areas that require improvement in relation to governance and oversight to ensure appropriate checks and balances in EIOPA's work.
Insurance Europe also recommended including "acting in the interest of the European public good" as an explicit part of the ESAs' mandate to ensure a proportional and balanced approach to their supervision.
Insurance Europe Trends(129 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,485 mentions in Insurance Newslink)