- SEC fines Citigroup for books and records violations and inadequate controls
- Wahed Invest launches Halal-friendly digital investment platform
- Specialist UK police unit prevents £25m of fraud in first half of 2018
- Research finds customers less likely to remember the amount paid by card than cash
- RBS' chief financial officer to join HSBC as finance director
- Diebold Nixdorf wins ATM patent dispute against Nautilus Hyosung
- Halifax reveals Greater London house prices per m2 stall for first time in eight years expired
- RBS welcomed tech pioneers to Edinburgh expired
- Fed Board prohibits former NBRS Financial boss from working in the banking industry expired
- Industrial Bank uses Avaloq to create Hong Kong private banking business expired
- FS workers amongst worst in UK for doing nothing to relieve work stress expired
- Continuous learning will keep FS ahead of evolving malware threats expired
15th May 2018
FAB named Best Investment Bank in the UAE for the second year in a row
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has been named ‘Best Investment Bank in the UAE’ at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2018. FAB’s Head of Global Markets, Mahmood Al Aradi, received the award at a ceremony that was recently held in Dubai.
The Euromoney Awards for Excellence, launched in 1992, were the first of their kind in the global banking industry. Award submissions are analysed by a team of editors, journalists and researchers in conjunction with the magazine’s own market knowledge and research, before decisions are made by an editorial committee.
FAB’s André Sayegh said: “We are very proud to be receiving this award from Euromoney for the second consecutive year. This achievement is a reflection of how FAB and its Corporate and Investment Banking franchise is connecting clients to the right opportunities, supporting their ambitions and delivering a market-leading range of products and services.
“Throughout the past year, we have led a wide range of successful landmark transactions, leveraging our global connectivity, expertise and capabilities to meet the financing needs of local, regional and international clients across various markets. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to building on our strong position, and continuing to support our clients in their journey to grow stronger.”