- SEC fines Citigroup for books and records violations and inadequate controls
- Wahed Invest launches Halal-friendly digital investment platform
- Specialist UK police unit prevents £25m of fraud in first half of 2018
- Research finds customers less likely to remember the amount paid by card than cash
- RBS' chief financial officer to join HSBC as finance director
- Diebold Nixdorf wins ATM patent dispute against Nautilus Hyosung
- Halifax reveals Greater London house prices per m2 stall for first time in eight years expired
- RBS welcomed tech pioneers to Edinburgh expired
- Fed Board prohibits former NBRS Financial boss from working in the banking industry expired
- Industrial Bank uses Avaloq to create Hong Kong private banking business expired
- FS workers amongst worst in UK for doing nothing to relieve work stress expired
- Continuous learning will keep FS ahead of evolving malware threats expired
15th May 2018
Pershing adds Capital First Trust Company to its trust network
BNY Mellon's Pershing has added Capital First Trust Company (Capital First) to its trust network. Capital First focuses on special needs trusts—an area of growing interest for Pershing clients. This latest addition brings the total number of providers in the Pershing Trust Network to seven.
"Capital First brings to our network a deep expertise in special needs trusts as well as lower minimums geared toward the unique needs of this community," said Katie Swain, director of financial solutions at Pershing. "We are increasingly hearing clients inquire about special needs trusts and we are thrilled to add to our network a provider that has a niche focus in this area."
In addition to Capital First's standard low fee schedules, the firm offers fee schedules for large revocable, irrevocable, and special asset accounts, bypassing the traditional fee schedule approach and providing separate discounted breakpoints for relationships at $5m and $10m+.
"We are honoured to be selected for inclusion in the Pershing Trust Network," said Chris Foregger, president of Capital First Trust Company. "We believe our strength in the administration of special needs trusts, as well as the advisor directed trust space, will provide a unique value to Pershing clients."
Launched in 2008, Pershing's Trust Network includes capabilities such as full trustee services and administrative trustee services. The platform enables Pershing's clients to perform investment management activities for their clients' trust accounts with all related assets held in custody at Pershing.