- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- UK insurance trade associations respond to latest Brexit White Paper
- Munich Re says first half catastrophe losses lowest since 2005 estimated at around $33bn
- Lloyd’s launches a new digital distribution platform– Lloyd’s Bridge–designed to quickly, easily and efficiently connect insurance businesses and entrepreneurs with Lloyd’s underwriters
- FICO and Ovum assess company views on level of cyber security across market sectors
- AXA XL is the new group branding
- PRA publishes further Solvency II Consultation Paper, Policy Statements and Supervisory Updates expired
- Accenture to serve as the lead framework architect for The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance-a blockchain consortium for the risk management and insurance industry expired
- Next Insurance InsurTech raises $83m in series B round of funding expired
- Shift Technology to develop health insurance counter fraud database for H I Counter Fraud Group(HICFG) expired
- SSP's Keychoice partners with DAS UK Group to provide its broking community with access to two new commercial propositions for businesses through its e-trading platform expired
- LIIBA creates new working group, the Broker Delegated Authority Working Group(BDAWG) focussing the work of the London Market Target Operating Model and its impact on binders and line slips expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)