- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- UK insurance trade associations respond to latest Brexit White Paper
- Munich Re says first half catastrophe losses lowest since 2005 estimated at around $33bn
- Lloyd’s launches a new digital distribution platform– Lloyd’s Bridge–designed to quickly, easily and efficiently connect insurance businesses and entrepreneurs with Lloyd’s underwriters
- FICO and Ovum assess company views on level of cyber security across market sectors
- AXA XL is the new group branding
- PRA publishes further Solvency II Consultation Paper, Policy Statements and Supervisory Updates expired
- Accenture to serve as the lead framework architect for The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance-a blockchain consortium for the risk management and insurance industry expired
- Next Insurance InsurTech raises $83m in series B round of funding expired
- Shift Technology to develop health insurance counter fraud database for H I Counter Fraud Group(HICFG) expired
- SSP's Keychoice partners with DAS UK Group to provide its broking community with access to two new commercial propositions for businesses through its e-trading platform expired
- LIIBA creates new working group, the Broker Delegated Authority Working Group(BDAWG) focussing the work of the London Market Target Operating Model and its impact on binders and line slips expired
11th July 2018
SCOR consolidates specialty insurance platform in the London Market-appointments announced
SCOR Global P&C has announced the consolidation of its specialty insurance platform in the London Market. The platform will offer either company(SCOR) or Lloyd’s paper or a combination of both to its growing customer base.
Stuart McMurdo, who was appointed ceo of SCOR UK on 1st April, will be appointed ceo of The Channel Managing Agency, the Managing Agency of the Channel Syndicate, with effect from 1st September. He will succeed David Reed, who retires on 31st August. Reed will continue as a non-executive director of The Channel Managing Agency.
Tom Corfield, existing Active Underwriter of the Channel Syndicate, has been appointed to the additional role of cuo of SCOR UK.
Both McMurdo and Corfield have joined the Board of Directors of SCOR UK and their appointments have been approved by the regulators.
Laurent Rousseau, deputy-CEO of SCOR Global P&C, comments “The appointments of Stuart McMurdo and Tom Corfield in their dual roles at SCOR UK, The Channel Managing Agency and the Channel Syndicate represent a key step towards the consolidation and strengthening of SCOR Global P&C’s specialty commercial lines insurance platform in the London Market. A unified senior management team with oversight across a single, strong insurance platform in the London Market will significantly enhance our presence in the market and our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs through tailored solutions, while improving our ability to provide a global offering by federating the means and expertise of our teams throughout the world.”
SCOR Trends(284 articles)