- FCA confirms greater access for SMEs to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Nomura settles case of RMBS securitised by US Subsidiaries with US Department of Justice
- Number of first-time buyers reaches its highest level since June 2017
- Thriving SMEs to bolster growth of alternative finance
- UK Finance supports FCA plan to extend access to Ombudsman Service to smaller firms
- Monese launches business account in the UK, with Europe to follow soon
- ‘Rom-cons’ costing love-struck Brits thousands, says Barclays expired
- High-cost lenders should reassess their operational procedures, says Huntswood expired
- Mastercard is the first network to make signatures optional expired
- Federal Reserve study finds US payments fraud small but growing expired
- CEOs of big banks pull out of Saudi conference expired
- Study shows regional disparity in terms of where Angel investors are based and where they invest expired
9th October 2018
Barclays launches new fund for graduates seeking employment
To help graduates focus on securing their first pay cheque, rather than worrying about what they will have to pay out, Barclays has launched its first ever Graduate Fund, with up to £20k available to help those seeking employment after university.
UK graduates who left college or university in 2018 can apply for up to £550 from the fund to cover costs associated with finding their first job, including clothing, travel and training
Josie Clapham, Managing Director, Community Banking at Barclays, said: “Graduating from university and starting your first job should be a really exciting time, but the associated costs can be daunting for many – particularly when those finishing their studies in 2018 are estimated to have accumulated over £50k of debt.
“We understand how stressful and challenging this time can be for new graduates, and we want them to be able to focus on finding the job that's right for them – rather than fretting about whether they can afford to attend an interview. We hope the Barclays Graduate Fund will go some way to support graduates as they take their next steps and look forward to a bright future.”
The Barclays Graduate Fund hopes to support job-seeking graduates looking to move forward from education into their chosen careers. The deadline for applications is Friday 19th October.